Northamptonshire Black History Association has developed from a volunteer-led community project established in 1982. In the summer of 2005, Northamptonshire Black History Association formed as a membership organisation to continue the activities of the project.
It is always our aim to ensure that it remains an organisation that works with and for the local community.
Anyone is welcome to become a member of the Association, apply to join us as a Trustee, join our committee or support us as a volunteer. Some of the activities that require volunteer support with include:
• Being a guardian of resources created by the project/association;
• Conducting historical research and oral history interviews;
•Creating and editing publications and newsletters;
• Organising regular lectures and other events with guest speakers;
• Setting up and manning stalls with a Trustee at public events;
• Maintaining the website;
• Sharing our resources through teaching, workshops and other interactive ways;
• Recruiting new members for (both individuals and organisations);
• Organising and supporting fundraising activities.
We are particularly keen to attract people to our committee with a background in business, finance, enterprise and marketing but anyone with lots of enthusiasm and something to give, is more than welcome.
To download a membership form click here. If you want to find out more or offer your support please contact us.